StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Worthy of Consideration<< >>Post Follow-up
dashover
224 posts
msg #156895
Ignore dashover
6/1/2021 10:10:39 AM

This guy has some solid systems in place,and I kinda like his green line breakout ..

https://wishingwealthblog.com/2021/05/blog-post-glb-green-line-break-out-explained-some-stocks-having-a-glb-last-week-mec-omp-tgls-flng-cubi/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+typepad%2Fwishingwealth+%28Wishing+Wealth+Blog%29

I think something like > 95% of 52 week high 90 days ago

lower than that level for the last 60-90 days

broke above that level in the last 2 days

Can a Coder pro help

Dash

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #156975
Ignore nibor100
6/12/2021 2:13:08 AM

@dashover,

I took the liberty of trying to match his glossary definition of GLB:

"Green Line Breakout (GLB)

I draw a green line on a monthly stock chart at a bar at an all-time high that has not been penetrated (or closed above) for three straight months (or 3 bars). It basically is a strong stock breaking out to an all-time high (ATH) after at least a 3-month consolidation. Green line breakout stocks, in my experience, often go on to make a series of new highs as they rocket toward the moon."

Using parts of Xarlor's SF 15 year All time High filter (I could only go back 9yrs before my filter would stop working) the filter below will signal on the day a new 9yr All time high occurs simultaneous with the last 3 months of price performance below the prior 9yr ATH. It also draws a GLB green line on the price chart.

I have limited the filter to looking for those GLB stocks that he has posted about at times during the past 10 days(for easy testing purposes), leading up to his You Tube presentation tomorrow afternoon.

You can test scan back to Jun 7 for LLY, May 21 for OMP & FLNG, and May 25 for CUBI, etc.

If you decide to run this filter on a large group of stocks you might want to limit the scanning universe to around a 1,000 stocks or so because it will take quite a while to run...

PS. I've left a bit of clutter in the filter for testing purposes.

Ed S.

Fetcher[
apply to symlist(pgny,MEC,OMP,TGLS,FLNG,CUBI,dds,love,yeti,lly)

/*close > 20 close < 30*/
set{x1,high 3-year high}
set{x2,x1 3 years ago}
set{x3,x2 3 years ago}
/*set{x4,x3 3 years ago}*/
/*set{x5,x4 3 years ago}*/
set{var1,max(x1,x2)}
/*set{var2,max(var1,x3)}*/
/*set{var3,max(var2,x4)}*/
/*set{15YH,max(var3,x5)}*/

set{9YH,max(var1,x3)}

set{var7,9yh 1 day ago}
set{var4,9yh - var7}
add column var4 {change in hi}
set{var5,count(var4 1 day ago is equal to 0 ,63) }

add column var5 {3mths under 9YH}

var4 > 0
var5 is equal to 63

add column x1 {latest 3yrhi}
add column x2 {3yrhi 3yrs ago}
add column x3 {3yrhi 6yrs ago}

add column 9YH
add column var7 {yesterday's 9yh}

/*sort by column 12 ascending*/

draw price line at 9YH 1 day ago
draw x1
draw var5
draw 9yh
]

roca1018
163 posts
msg #156976
Ignore roca1018
6/12/2021 4:45:05 AM

Ed,

Thanks for your post. Can you alter the filter so that it can meet the criteria for a basic subscription?

Thanks

Rich

miketranz
956 posts
msg #156977
Ignore miketranz
6/12/2021 11:54:14 AM

How about a simpler filter? I have a few comments on this one.Miketranz...

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #156978
Ignore nibor100
6/12/2021 12:00:06 PM

Here is a basic subscription version that only looks back for a 3 year All time high.

I put a date offset of 14 to get you a couple of results from the Wishing GLB symlist.

Since this filter isn't looking back beyond 3 years it runs very fast no matter how large your chosen stock universe is.

Ed S.

Fetcher[
apply to symlist(pgny,MEC,OMP,TGLS,FLNG,CUBI,dds,love,yeti,lly)
date offset 14
/*close > 20 close < 30*/
set{9yh,high 3-year high}
/*set{x2,x1 3 years ago}*/
/*set{x3,x2 3 years ago}*/
/*set{x4,x3 3 years ago}*/
/*set{x5,x4 3 years ago}*/
/*set{var1,max(x1,x2)}*/
/*set{var2,max(var1,x3)}*/
/*set{var3,max(var2,x4)}*/
/*set{15YH,max(var3,x5)}*/

/*set{9YH,max(var1,x3)}*/
/*set{9YH,max(x1,x2)}*/

set{var7,9yh 1 day ago}
set{var4,9yh - var7}
add column var4 {change in hi}
set{var5,count(var4 1 day ago is equal to 0 ,63) }

add column var5 {3mths under 9YH}

var4 > 0
var5 is equal to 63

/*add column x1 {latest 3yrhi}
add column x2 {3yrhi 3yrs ago}
/*add column x3 {3yrhi 6yrs ago}*/

add column 9YH
add column var7 {yesterday's 9yh}

/*sort by column 12 ascending*/

draw price line at 9YH 1 day ago
/*draw x1*/
draw var5
draw 9yh
]

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #156981
Ignore nibor100
6/13/2021 12:34:23 PM

Dr. Wish designed his GLB stock selection approach based on Darvas focus on stocks and their All Time Highs,

Therefore SF can't apply the proper criteria to all stocks in the SF universe due to filter complexity issues.

For example, SF has a universe of 1,181 stocks greater than $100, and of these there are 129 whose All Time High occurred further in the past than the most recent 3 yr high. and about 30 had their all time high beyond 9 years ago...so simplifying the filter has its negative consequences.

Ed S

compound_gains
221 posts
msg #156982
Ignore compound_gains
6/13/2021 1:25:39 PM

Some time ago I back tested using a 3-year high (because that was the max lookback) with a break of a 3-month consolidation. Would have been stopped out far too many times too early using Dr. Wish's stop of a close below the 3-year high at the time of the break out. Just my experience doodling with it.

miketranz
956 posts
msg #156985
Ignore miketranz
6/13/2021 8:48:49 PM

Here's my take,it looks like a basic Darvas breakout filter to new yearly highs.The only variant I see is the 3 month pull back.I do like the fact that the entry "GLB" is also the stop.There's a plan of execution in place and also an exit.However,expect to be stopped out numerous times before you catch a winner.The big question is,does one have the patience,persistence,and capitol to withstand the losses.Overall,I like it in theory...

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #156991
Ignore nibor100
6/14/2021 3:28:05 AM

All I'v done is provide some filters for finding "Possible" Dr. Wish GLB stocks on SF,

I did not write a filter to apply his Stop criteria.

Nor did I write a filter to apply all of his other Buy criteria of which there are many....for example he only buys GLB stocks that are in his universe of stocks which is limited by presence on IBD 50 and MarketSmith lists over a running period of time.

You can find all of his other Buy criteria in his talk on you tube from this weekend.

Or the simple way is to just get his daily blog posts and when he mentions a new GLB then you'll know its on his watchlist of stocks that are candidates for purchase.

PS. the presenter after him has some interesting info about trading IPO stocks.

Ed S.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Worthy of Consideration<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.