StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Williams Accumulation Distribution Cross Question<< >>Post Follow-up
gepartal
3 posts
msg #143413
Ignore gepartal
5/1/2018 3:58:44 PM

In theory the following code should give a result the crossing for these two lines.

Williams Accumulation Distribution crossed CMA(Williams Accumulation Distribution,57) from below

However, it does not. Does anyone have a idea why that is the case?

SAFeTRADE
641 posts
msg #143418
Ignore SAFeTRADE
5/1/2018 8:16:47 PM

I got 235 results.

gepartal
3 posts
msg #143419
Ignore gepartal
5/1/2018 9:10:32 PM

@SAFeTRADE

Yes, you will get results. However, my question has to do with the actual "crossing" of the two lines. Out of the results you will see that the great majority do NOT show the lines crossing. Why would that be?

four
5,087 posts
msg #143423
Ignore four
modified
5/2/2018 10:34:23 AM

They offer the characteristic of the indicator does not support the use of the indicator in the manner requested.

I received this from StockFetcher.

The Williams A/D is a recursive measure where the initial date used in the calculation effects the ultimate value. On StockFetcher the Williams A/D and CMA of Williams A/D may not use the same starting date, resulting in a different final value.

Typically the direction, shape and new high/lows of the Williams A/D is used in analysis, not filtering on specific values.

If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to send us an email.

Thank you,

StockFetcher.com Support
Vestyl Software, L.L.C.

gepartal
3 posts
msg #143425
Ignore gepartal
5/2/2018 2:05:30 PM

@Four,

Thanks so much for the feedback. I bit disappointing but, we will have to live with it.

four
5,087 posts
msg #143426
Ignore four
5/2/2018 2:36:08 PM

welcome

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Williams Accumulation Distribution Cross Question<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.