StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · When I try to add a column it won't work.<< >>Post Follow-up
ben
1 posts
msg #140943
Ignore ben
modified
1/13/2018 10:29:37 AM

Here is my filter

"
Fetcher[show stocks where market is nasdaq 100 and add column EMA(50)]

set(h,high - low)
show stocks where h is below .04
and price is below 2.00
and price is above .05"

here is "the error"

"Syntax # Results Filter Text
Fetcher[show stocks where market is nasdaq 100 and add column EMA(50)]

set(h,high - low) // there is a red sign here indicating an error
show stocks where h is below .04 //there is a red sign here indicating an error
0 and price is below 2.00
0 and price is above .05"

nibor100
1,031 posts
msg #140947
Ignore nibor100
1/13/2018 12:59:46 PM

@ben,

A few of things I found:

a. Your set command has regular parentheses instead of the { } ones that the set command requires.

Once I made that change your filter syntax check was green for all lines.

b. However you chose the Nasdaq 100 market so your filter will never return any stocks as nothing in the Nasdaq 100 has a price lower than $2.

c. When I run your filter with only the first line SF returns 97 symbols yet currently the Nasdaq 100 consists of 104 symbols.

It actually gets worse as several of the symbols that SF shows for the Nasdaq 100 were removed effective Dec 18th so SF is actually missing more than 7 of the 104 symbols currently in the Nasdaq 100.

(note that Nasdaq 100 contains 100 companies but some of them have more than one stock such as Alphabet/Google which is why it contains 104 symbols.)

Hope this helps,
Ed S.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · When I try to add a column it won't work.<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.