StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Watch lists<< >>Post Follow-up
HokieDoc1
14 posts
msg #58624
Ignore HokieDoc1
12/30/2007 10:40:45 PM

Curious as to which watch lists SF'ers are using. I presently use IBD 100 almost exclusively with good results . What are other possibilities? Looking for companies with good fundamentals and strong stock performance. Any suggestions?

Happy new year and good trading.

marine2
963 posts
msg #58626
Ignore marine2
12/30/2007 11:43:27 PM

I run watch lists against my magazine subscriptions company picks. I update them each month. I add new companies to the listings and delete ones that have dipped 8% or more.

I also have watch lists on my memberships with Fidelity and American Association of Individual Investor's. Those two have powerful stock screeners to utilize. I get quality picks from those two areas.

Yes, I also have IBD 100 listing in my watch list make-up.

Bottomline, my various watch list categories hold quality stocks to which my filters can work with. I only select companies that first is in my watch list, second is selected by one of my specific (I created) filters and third, gets through my further research and gut feeling.

Once I find a few stocks worth consideration, through the above first and second steps, I then, do a fundamental research of my own to hopefully get that positive gut feeling.

Lastly, the markets have to be happy or just beginning to smile before I jump in to play.

Have a Happy and Safe New Years everyone!

conyeuchua
83 posts
msg #58647
Ignore conyeuchua
12/31/2007 11:28:44 PM

Happy New Year to Marine2, HokieDoc1 and everyone!

If I understand correctly, many stocks on the IBD100 list may be considered as overbought. Is this true? If so, how do you choose your entry?

With AAII lists, do you find the lists to come out too late in the month? and do you go with picks in their CANSLIM and IBD models?

Thank you in advance for any insights.

rtucker
318 posts
msg #58663
Ignore rtucker
modified
1/1/2008 4:27:34 PM

d

Gunnski
28 posts
msg #58666
Ignore Gunnski
modified
1/1/2008 4:51:54 PM

I believe Betyourbottomdollar (I think that was the screen name) posted an interesting filter in which he used Bollinger band squeeze and applied it to his IBD 100 watchlist. It was not clickable. It was posted within the last 4 months. Possibly IBD100 search will get you to it.

It was a neat set up. Of course you could apply it t any watch list. His idea was that IBD100 stocks should be fundament. sound. Try looking at Manifestinvesting. They post their popular dashboards right up front on their web page. Write them down & put into a watch list.

His scan put me on CAM earlier in the year.

Good investing.

Gunnski
28 posts
msg #58668
Ignore Gunnski
1/1/2008 5:10:28 PM

Betyerbottomdollar posted this:

Show stocks where Bollinger width(20) reached a 6 month low
and draw Bollinger Band(20)
apply to watchlist(IBD100)

conyeuchua
83 posts
msg #58681
Ignore conyeuchua
1/2/2008 12:54:38 AM

Gunnski, thank you very much for this info. Good luck and best wishes to you in 2008!

marine2
963 posts
msg #58684
Ignore marine2
1/2/2008 2:11:06 AM

Hello everyone, Happy New Year to you all. RTucker, in AAII you can not write your own filters like we do here in SF, but, they do have lots of pre-made filter scenarios to pick from. You do have the ability to create your own filter via their various questions they present to you and all you do is answer them.

Nothing that I have seen thus far compares to Stock Fetcher's filtering techniques.

betyerbottomdollar
169 posts
msg #58727
Ignore betyerbottomdollar
1/4/2008 8:45:08 AM

IBD100 Bollinger Band Squeeze? Ah yes...and old favorite. But I have new favorites now! These are the filters I that scan the IBD100 every day and I have had excellent results.

http://forums.stockfetcher.com/sfforums/?q=view&tid=55102&start=10&isiframe=

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Watch lists<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.