StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Re-engineering an Old Filter<< >>Post Follow-up
kossvet
147 posts
msg #155529
Ignore kossvet
2/1/2021 3:30:04 PM

I can remember at least 30 years ago my father subscribed to a newsletter by Jay Saxena.
I marveled how this man who hit 4 bagger after 4 bagger.
The newsletter came monthly, and contained a portfolio of about 20 stocks.
I would often glance at it, and observe when the initial commitment was made.
So I tried to re-engineer the system he was using.
It seemed to me at the time, he mostly played nasdaq stocks.
What I came up with was a monthly filter that seemed seamless with his initial entries.
I would use Bigcharts at the time. Set the parameters for monthly viewing.
The only T/A I used was macd viewed over a monthly graph.
What I noticed was the stocks were starting an ascent on heavy volume which also corresponded
to the macd crossover on a monthly view.
Back then, TA was not as savvy as it is today.
I played the stocks I could find simply by entering as many symbols as I could into Bigcharts until I found what I was looking for,
I can remember some plays were ESOL, COHR, OVTI to name a few.
I had decent success with this system, but it was very cumbersome and time consuming.
Is it possible to write this filter in SF?

xarlor
561 posts
msg #155531
Ignore xarlor
2/1/2021 6:28:27 PM

SF can't do monthly, only weekly or daily. Here is a weekly template based on your post to get you started.

Fetcher[
market nasdaq
MACD Histogram(12,26,9) crossed above 0
volume 1 week ago reached a new 1 month high
volume reached a new 1 month high

chart display weekly
chart-time 1 year
]

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Re-engineering an Old Filter<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.