StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · News<< >>Post Follow-up
novacane32000
331 posts
msg #155756
Ignore novacane32000
2/14/2021 8:03:05 AM

Does anyone here have a subscription to a news service?

I am specifically considering Benzinga Pro.

I trade DVA quite a bit and got burned a couple of weeks ago when I could not find a news catalyst for a sudden drop. 3 days and a $1000 later I found an obscure article that explained the drop.

Any thoughts out there or recommendations on a news service ?

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #155763
Ignore Cheese
modified
2/14/2021 12:23:55 PM

@novocane32000

These are free on finance.yahoo, and they include news from Benzinga
https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/DVA?p=DVA&.tsrc=fin-srch

SlopeOfHope follows the concept of social investing
Some of the best opinions have come from retired pros.

Just my two cents

novacane32000
331 posts
msg #155841
Ignore novacane32000
2/17/2021 2:10:57 PM

@ cheese

Appreciate the input and I do realize "news" is not the theme of traders on these boards but here is the article and you could not find this one on yahoo.

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2021/02/dialysis-patients-nearly-4-times-risk-covid-death

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #155842
Ignore nibor100
2/17/2021 2:55:26 PM

@novocane32000,

The way I read the chart of DVA and its drop 2 wks ago it looks like the last day of the drop was the day that article was published so I'm not sure how a news service would have helped you much in that circumstance.

Also since I believe DVA is not mentioned in that article the news service you choose would have had to provide you all recent news on dialysis which I suspect is a term used in many articles a day across the globe.

I used to use an free app on the very first Ipad that scoured many news services and provided articles based on my categorized interests and I couldn't believe how many articles it kept finding on chess tournaments, turned out to be too many for me to keep up with, and then the app went away.

I believe some of the institutional investors have services that scour Twitter/ Facebook etc. many times a day just for stock symbols of interest and/or those that are mentioned frequently in a short period of time.

Please let us know if you find a good stock news source.
Thanks,
Ed S.

dashover
224 posts
msg #155843
Ignore dashover
modified
2/17/2021 4:13:17 PM

I am very impressed with Webull as a news aggregator
Just download the app and use some stray email ...

Compared to TOS and Tc2000, it seems to have a way wider net.

I also check in with thelion.com, and check out the news sources there, if I need another resource...
You have to weed through the comments, but some are very helpful ...

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · News<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.