StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Newbie with a question<< >>Post Follow-up
JoeyVinyl
125 posts
msg #140336
Ignore JoeyVinyl
12/22/2017 8:25:52 PM

I wanted to introduce myself and ask a question. Joey Vinyl is my "punk rock name". It started as a joke in another, totally unrelated online place, but I like it so I keep it. There's more I don't know about trading than I do know, but I'm an old fart now and know that I'm unlikely to make decent money any other legal way in my life so I'm giving it a try. I've bought and sold some stock before, mostly long term buy and hold trades, so I'm not a total neophyte.

Here's my question. I've been trying to make a filter based on some things I've read but I'm having trouble with one line. How would you check to see if the relative strength of a stock is above its 26 week average? Thanks in advance for the help.

four
5,087 posts
msg #140337
Ignore four
modified
12/22/2017 9:30:46 PM

Welcome.

If you haven't taken a look at the basic guide, it is here: http://www.stockfetcher.com/sfhelp2/?id=100379.

Perhaps this filter works for your request?

Fetcher[
/*relative strength of a stock is above its 26 week average*/
low > 11
volume > 654321
set{crs, weekly rsi(14)}
rsi(14) > cma(crs,26)
and chart-display is weekly
set{cntz, count(rsi(14) > cma(crs,26),1)}
draw cntz
]

JoeyVinyl
125 posts
msg #140340
Ignore JoeyVinyl
12/23/2017 12:22:05 AM

I've looked through it but haven't studied it in depth yet. And thanks! I'll give that filter a try and let you know.

JoeyVinyl
125 posts
msg #140495
Ignore JoeyVinyl
12/30/2017 11:36:01 AM

four, I just wanted to let you know that seems to be working for what I needed. Thanks again!

four
5,087 posts
msg #140503
Ignore four
12/30/2017 3:28:58 PM

welcome

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Newbie with a question<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.