StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Need help creating a particular Filter - Close at or near weekly low<< >>Post Follow-up
karlstadick
2 posts
msg #143203
Ignore karlstadick
4/14/2018 2:16:35 AM

I am trying to create a filter that will show stocks that closed either at the bottom of their price range or within 1% of the low for the week (past 5 days).

For example, if a stock had the following high, low, close figures for the week:

Mon Tues Wed Thurs Fri
High 8.8 8.7 8.9 9.0 8.7
Low 8.2 8.1 8.3 8.4 8.1
Close 8.5 8.4 8.6 8.7 8.2

The stock closed the week at 8.2. The low for the week was 8.1. This is close enough for me to include it in the query as its closing price is almost within 1% of the overall low for the week.

I am new to this and so I am not sure where to start. I have searched throughout Stock Fetcher to see if I could find something similar but I haven'f found anything.

Any help and/or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

boston
58 posts
msg #143205
Ignore boston
modified
4/14/2018 1:48:00 PM

Fetcher[
set{A, weekly close - weekly low}
set{B, weekly high - weekly low}
set{WDP_PCT, A / B}
draw WDP_PCT line .10
add column WDP_PCT
]

WDP is weekly day position
lower the percent closer to low of week

karlstadick
2 posts
msg #143207
Ignore karlstadick
4/14/2018 4:13:11 PM

Thank you for your help Boston!

I took your filter and changed it up to look like this:

Fetcher[
set{A, weekly close - weekly low}
set{B, weekly high - weekly low}
set{WDP_PCT, A / B}
draw WDP_PCT line .05
add WDP_PCT < .1
]

and Connors RSI(3,2,100) is below 20
where close is above 5
and average volume (90) is above 500000
and stock is optionable

Thank you again for your help!

Karl

boston
58 posts
msg #143214
Ignore boston
4/14/2018 9:44:06 PM

Your welcome

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Need help creating a particular Filter - Close at or near weekly low<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.