StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Facebook seeking customer financial information<< >>Post Follow-up
four
5,087 posts
msg #144348
Ignore four
8/8/2018 4:08:53 PM

Mark Zuckerberg wants Facebook to become a popular marketplace platform to create more user engagement, which drive advertising spends. Facebook has approached JPMorgan Chase JPM, Wells Fargo WFC, Citigroup C, and U.S. Bancorp USB over the last year to see if the banks would be willing to share financial information about their customers, which includes everything from card transactions to checking-account balances, according to a Monday Wall Street Journal report.

Facebook has reportedly talked about the idea of showing users their checking-account balances, providing fraud alerts, and other customer-service products via its Messenger application.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/why-facebook-apos-fb-banking-211609741.html

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #144367
Ignore karennma
8/10/2018 10:09:47 AM

That's a great idea and would certainly boost FB's #s, which have been dwindling for the last 2 years, but FB is getting such bad press lately, I'm not sure Zuckerberg can finalize that kind of partnership.
However, he's got to do something to increase FB earnings. People like Alex Jones don't help.
I'm glad FB has decided to crack down on conspiracy theorists. I had no idea so many people went to FB for misinformation. Personally, that's what I used YT for.
I don't see the press and politicians going after GOOG. Why?

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #144368
Ignore karennma
8/10/2018 10:13:40 AM

He's also working on a dating app .. trying to salvage the share price.
Zuck wouldn't be in this mess had he not been selling people's personal info.
THAT was bad.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #144369
Ignore karennma
8/10/2018 10:24:14 AM

Reading the article now .... THIS is funny ..
"Last week, Facebook and its photo and video-sharing app Instagram announced a series of initiatives aimed to let users feel like they have more control over how much time they spend on the platforms.
Users can now set reminders to stop using Facebook or Instagram after a set amount of time, while also temporarily blocking notifications."

ROFL!
Some peeps are on FB ALL DAY -- and nite.
I'm on FB a lot since I recently discovered FB marketplace is a better platform for selling/buying stuff than Craigslist.
AND, their AMZN partnership is incredible. I must admit, I'm addicted to the AMZN discounts.
50-90% off AMZN stuff? What's not to like?
LOL!

four
5,087 posts
msg #144382
Ignore four
modified
8/11/2018 8:06:08 PM

Please post links for identified items on:
Amazon partnership
Facebook marketplace

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #144399
Ignore karennma
8/13/2018 12:57:22 PM

FB Marketplace (better than Craigslist)
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/learn-more

If you want to buy cheap on AMZN, (up to 90% off) Facebook is the bomb!

Deals and Code Junkies
Sweet Deals|Codes|Freebies
Coupons Deals & codes
Kickass deals/Promos/Glitches

VenturaTrader
43 posts
msg #144403
Ignore VenturaTrader
8/14/2018 4:12:01 PM

If I find out Wells Fargo or Chase have released any of my financial info to FB I will immediately close the accounts and move the funds to a local community credit union. What I do with my money (as long as it's legal) and the balances in the accounts is not the business of FB or to whomever they release the info.

Mike

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Facebook seeking customer financial information<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.