StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Current price multiple<< >>Post Follow-up
henksaenen
5 posts
msg #140161
Ignore henksaenen
12/17/2017 5:20:42 AM

Hello, I am trying to calculate the 'current price multiple' in a filter but I have no idea how to go about that. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If I can get this done then I can filter the tickers on the ones that have made the biggest moves.

The CPM = 52 week high price / 52 week low price

I am guessing I need to add a column for the high and low price and then add a column with the calculation but how or if it can even be done, I don't know.

Thanks in advance

Henk

mahkoh
1,065 posts
msg #140163
Ignore mahkoh
modified
12/17/2017 1:12:26 PM

Fetcher[
s&p500
set{cpm,high 52 week high / low 52 week low}
add column cpm
sort column 5 descending
]

henksaenen
5 posts
msg #140164
Ignore henksaenen
12/17/2017 2:23:20 PM

Oh wow! Thanks a million Mahkoh!

glgene
616 posts
msg #140166
Ignore glgene
12/17/2017 4:36:19 PM

Curious... what will this report get you?

Gene

henksaenen
5 posts
msg #140195
Ignore henksaenen
12/18/2017 2:06:37 PM

Hi Gene this is just one part of the filter.
I am looking for stocks where macd's are showing upward momentum together with an upward EMA fan. The price multiple let's me sort the stocks that have made the biggest moves to the top of the list.

The assumption then is that those tickers could break out over their highs. The trend is more likely to continue basically.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Current price multiple<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.