StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · TTM Squeeze<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
ron22
255 posts
msg #152503
Ignore ron22
6/6/2020 11:02:58 AM

@xarlor, Thank you for your detailed and fast reply. I have used #1 with other filters and it worked well.

Thanks again. Ron

Mansor
78 posts
msg #152507
Ignore Mansor
6/6/2020 2:44:38 PM

@xarlor - forgive me as I don't comprehend SF filters commands as easily as I do TOS scripts.

I am using this criteria for all filters:
close above .25
close below 5.00
volume above 300000
market is not etf
market is not otcbb

Applying this to your filter yields 632 tickers & 37 tickers with data-miner's version (date 6/4 Thursday for both filters) . fundamentally, there's some difference. If you can take a moment & educate me, it'll really help me. Like so many tickers vs just 37 tickers

Secondly, Ron22 asked you about exit strategy, I need to know how to figure out an entry strategy when looking at sf chart, follow sqz blue boxes along with momo blue bars? Usually, you filters have ascending/descending columns or buy sell blue boxes - it makes it a lot more easier.

Lastly, is there a way to add float vol column, forgive me again - I am not bright at coding.

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #152520
Ignore nibor100
6/6/2020 6:02:43 PM

@Mansor,

A few methods of filter comparison/analysis that I've used in the past:

a. add a line that won't execute such as " low < 0" at the very end of the filter in question then run the filter and you''ll get the following error message:
No Stocks Matched your filter.
Click here to learn why.
When you click on "here" you'll get a list of lines of the filter and to their left how many results were left after each line ran.

b. For lines that you are not sure of what they do comment each of them out with /* and */ and keep running the filter with different ones commented out to see what happens

c. add a column to each line that has a 'set' variable command to see what the variable value is when the filter is run, you can have at least 20 columns.

d. duplicate your sf browser tab by right clicking and selecting duplicate tab so you have the same filter running in both tabs then in the first tab select a group of lines and hit CTRL-X and rerun that filter to see what happens and compare its results to the duplicate tab run of the original filter.

Then go back the first tab and put your cursor where you started the selection of the CTRL-X block and hit CTRL-V and all the lines will be returned
keep doing that with different blocks of lines and you'll see different stuff happening.

Hope this helps,
Ed S.

Mansor
78 posts
msg #152522
Ignore Mansor
6/6/2020 6:17:31 PM

@nibor it certainly helps, thanks for sharing with me.

xarlor
561 posts
msg #152547
Ignore xarlor
6/7/2020 7:08:01 PM

@Mansor, data-miner is filtering out his results to look only for squeezes. My filter is only drawing squeezes on charts (aside from the symlist). You supply your own filter or symlist. Below is the section data-miner uses to filter stocks. Hope that explains the discrepancy/

/* squeeze selection */

upper bollinger(20,2.0) below the Upper Keltner Band(20,1.5)

lower bollinger(20,2.0) above the Lower Keltner Band(20,1.5)
xMomStudy above 0
price near upper bollinger(20,2)
/* price, volume selection */

close above 1
volume above 300000

Mansor
78 posts
msg #152548
Ignore Mansor
6/7/2020 7:31:56 PM

@xarlor - thank you for pointing it out

JoeyVinyl
125 posts
msg #152563
Ignore JoeyVinyl
6/8/2020 7:03:30 PM

Ed.

"c. add a column to each line that has a 'set' variable command to see what the variable value is when the filter is run, you can have at least 20 columns."

That's excellent advice. I do that a lot. I find it very helpful to keep track of what I'm looking for and to make sure the set statement is correct. When I've got a filter where I want it I just delete all those extra columns.

vmittal
13 posts
msg #155120
Ignore vmittal
12/27/2020 9:31:46 AM

TtM squeeze with recent fired day ago is better than TTm squeeze. Please see other post.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · TTM Squeeze<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.