StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Short Squeeze Glitch<< >>Post Follow-up
yepher
359 posts
msg #155867
Ignore yepher
modified
2/19/2021 10:46:02 AM

The GME glitch got me thinking recently. I've been trading the same old boring method for years now and am happy with it. But GME made me thinking about the excitement of trading and quick turn options and I realize that I am sure there are a bunch of computers being set up to capitalize on the glitch before it can be solved.

I find StockFetcher a good way to prototype these sorts of things so here I am. This is my list of the most highly shorted stocks. My expectation is someone or some group will drive margin calls (short squeeze) on one or more of these and the price will spike rapidly.

So by monitoring volume spikes and Bollinger widths, I will try and capitalize on those. This is the sort of trade the more the merrier because the profits come from the short covers. These will be short term trades for sure.

Fetcher[
Close Above 5.00

apply to symlist(GME,HOME,FTCH,JMIA,APRN,PRTY,BBW,JWN,GES,AEO,EXPR,DBI,M,CARS,R,KTB,HBI,LUB,STAR,IRM,MITT,IRM,SPG,WPG,SKT,PEI,EB,PRO,EGHT,AVYA,DDD,PLT,JKS,RAD,E,CNK,AMC,MDP,GC,L,GTT,ACB,LCI,AT,SAVE,CP,BCO,K,CLB,WN,SLCA,DK,PBF,MTDR,RRC,CPE,OVV,SW,SM,MU,NB,ARCH,B,GSX,MUX,ACB,LCI)

add column Bollinger %B(20,2.0)
add column Bollinger Width(20,2.0) six month high
add column Bollinger Width(20,2.0) six month high
add column Volume(30)

Draw Volume(30)
]

Thoughts? Flaws?

Besides GME there is Build-A-Bear Workshop the last week of January is an interesting moment for this idea:

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Short Squeeze Glitch<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.