StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Need help with a Resistance Line filter.<< >>Post Follow-up
nkhaladkar
4 posts
msg #152287
Ignore nkhaladkar
5/22/2020 10:31:37 PM

Hi,

I need help with a filter I wrote below. The purpose of this filter is to identify stocks that have broken out of a downward sloping resistance line in a last few days, but are not too far above the resistance line. It seems to work OK, but I am not seeing certain stocks that meet this criteria. For example, on May 18th Boeing (BA) broke out of a short term downward sloping resistance line, but for some reason I am not able to capture it with my filter:

show stocks where close crossed above resistance(45,15,1) in last 5 days
and close is less than 7% above resistance(45,15,1)

and close is above resistance(45,15,1)

and resistance slope(45,15,1) is below 0
and volume is above 500000
and close is above 10.00
and draw MA(50)
and draw MA (200)

Any help you can provide me is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Nick.

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #152288
Ignore Cheese
5/22/2020 11:27:37 PM

Nick,

BA did not satisfy the conditions of your filter on May 18, 2020.
You may try something like this to get another resistance line for BA

Fetcher[
SYMLIST(BA)
CHART-TIME 5 MONTHS

show stocks where close crossed above resistance(25,15,1) in last 5 days
and close is less than 7% above resistance(25,15,1)

and close is above resistance(25,15,1)

and resistance slope(25,15,1) is below 0

date offset 5/21/2020
]

nkhaladkar
4 posts
msg #152304
Ignore nkhaladkar
5/24/2020 2:52:49 AM

Thank you very much for your response. Happy trading!

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Need help with a Resistance Line filter.<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.