StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · I have an idea, anyone wanna help?<< >>Post Follow-up
graftonian
1,089 posts
msg #155415
Ignore graftonian
1/23/2021 12:11:36 PM

In my current filters an event such as a MA crossup adds 2 points to the final trigger, 1 for the crossup event and 1 for the short MA being above the long. On day 2 (assuming the short MA stays above the long) that symbol would lose the crossup point. I would like to phase out that crossup score over time, perhaps 5 days.
The score for the event, over time would be something like: 2.0, 1.8, 1.6, 1.4, 1.2, 1.0. This would aid in bringing recent crosses to the top in long lists of candidates.
Do I make any sense at all?
Graf

xarlor
561 posts
msg #155417
Ignore xarlor
1/23/2021 2:14:56 PM

Here is the filter for returning the number of points since a crossover event happened.
Today (T - 0) = 1 point
Yesterday (T -1) = 0.8 points
T - 2 = 0.6 points
T - 3 = 0.4 points
T - 4 = 0.2 points

Fetcher[
not otcbb
set{points1,days(ma(13) crossed above ma(25),6)}
set{points2,-0.2 * points1}
set{points,points2 + 1}

draw ma(13)
draw ma(25)

points1 > -1
points1 < 5
add column points1 {Days since crossover}
add column points
]

graftonian
1,089 posts
msg #155420
Ignore graftonian
modified
1/23/2021 3:23:02 PM

That was easy, Thanx

I tacked this on:

/* that's 1/2 the problem, we need a point for maintaining the short above long */
set{ShortAbvLong, count(ma(13) > ma(25), 1)}
set{CrossUpScore, Shortabvlong + points}
add column CrossUpScore
sort on column 7 descending

Now crossupscore possibilities are: 0, 1.0, 1.2...1.8, 2.00

fotchstecker
304 posts
msg #155427
Ignore fotchstecker
1/24/2021 6:27:22 PM

I don't think I could have written it like xarlor, but it's interesting especially because I have been thinking of point-based systems all weekend.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · I have an idea, anyone wanna help?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.