StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · How to get multiple sectors filter to work<< >>Post Follow-up
ClockDrift
3 posts
msg #149227
Ignore ClockDrift
9/24/2019 3:16:24 PM

Hello, I am filtering on average volume, beta, select Sectors, and (trying) to apply to my own watch list. I tried the script below, but it returns general results, NOT from the watchlist. I can't figure out how to get multiple sectors AND a watch list applied. Thanks in advance.

[
set{vol1, count(Average Volume(10) is above 500000, 1)} /*will return a 1 or 0*/
set{beta1, count(Beta is above 1.2, 1)}
set{x, vol1 * beta1}
x > 0
apply to sector(Industrial, Oil, Utilities)
apply to watchlist(OptionsList)
and add column Average Volume(10)
add column Beta
add column sector column sector()
add column industry
sort column 7 descending
]

The above runs fine, but the results are general results, not from the watchlist.

Also tried ...
[
set {vol1, Average Volume(10) is above 500000}
set (beta1, Beta is above 1.2}
set {sector1, sector is Finance}
set {watch1, watchlist(WeeklyOptions)}
set {finalAND, vol1*beta1*sector1*watch1}
and add column Average Volume(10)
and add column beta
and add column sector
and add column industry
sort column 7 ascending
]

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #149236
Ignore nibor100
9/25/2019 10:06:22 PM

Based on the few tries I tested SF doesn't process a filter correctly that has both 'Apply to Watchlist' and "Apply to Sector" command phrases.

There are at least a couple of work-arounds:

1. a. Go to Watchlist tab
b. Select the Table box
c. Select your watchlist
d. Select the watchlist actions box
e. choose filters (not Run as filter)
f. scroll down the list of your filters and put a checkmark in the box next to the filter number
g. click save
h. the screen should update and a column labeled by your filter number will show checkmarks for the stocks that meet that filter today and it is sort-able

2.a. Go to My Filters and run your filter as normal
b. Select the Table box
c. Then select the drop down box that looks like a giant asterisk
d, choose Quick Settings
e. Select the drop down in the 'watchlist indicators' box
f. choose "Show as Columns (table only)
g. a set of columns with watchlist names for each your watchlists that have any result stocks of your filter in them, will appear.
h. Click on the desired watchlist label to sort the results list by that watchlist's stocks that meet your filter.

Hope this helps some,
Ed S.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · How to get multiple sectors filter to work<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.