StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Deadly Combo updated<< >>Post Follow-up
JoeyVinyl
125 posts
msg #152265
Ignore JoeyVinyl
5/21/2020 12:10:51 PM

Someone recently mentioned the Deadly Combo filter by 13th_floor so I searched for it and found it here:
https://stockfetcher.com/forums/Filter-Exchange/DEADLY-COMBO/62378
The basic idea is that "These stocks are at least 8% ADR(30) AND have run at least 10 times in the last 100 days over 10% in a day." (Quote from that post.) It's based off of TRO's Run Forest, Run filter with just enough code added to find the ADR(30). I like the RFR filter but if all you're looking for are those two things it has a lot of extra code so I streamlined it.

A quick note: Most of the original and variations I've seen of filters like RFR, or the Crock Pot, look for the difference between the high and the open. I've changed that to the difference between the close and the open. Unless a stock closes at the high it can and will drop from there. Looking at the high - open difference won't help if the stock closes slight above, or even below, the open.

About the columns:
1. I use the ADR(5) to help me determine stop limits. Feel free to ignore it or remove it if you want (just adjust the sorting column if you remove it).

2. +10% and -10% are the number of days out of the last 100 days the stock closed either at least 10% over or under the open. I often see potential loss left out of filters like this but it's important information. Just because a stock may have closed at least 10% higher 20 days out of the last 100, for example, doesn't mean anything if you don't know that it closed at least 10% lower on 40 days out of the last 100. You want to risk your money on half a picture? Go for it. I don't.

3. Days is how many days since it closed at least 10% up or down. (Thanks again, Ed!) It doesn't affect the filter but I like to know if this is something that's happening recently as opposed to something that happened months ago.

4. Score is simply the up days divided by the down days. You could sort on it if you wanted to but I use it as a quick way of comparing the results. ADR30 is simply the Average Day Range for 30 days.

5. Ouch is the number of days a stock had a low that was at least 10% below the open, regardless of where it closed. I do percentage stop limits so it's useful info for me. The days column next to it is the same as the other ones.

So is it a good filter? Maybe. Sometimes. Click on it and look for SAVA if it's still there. It looked okay on 5/14 but I'd hate to be the person who bought in that day only to wake up on 5/15 to see that it had dropped over $6 a share. Never rely on just a filter result to pick stocks or ETFs. At the very least find out what the company is and what they do. There are plenty of web sites where you can get more information to make an informed decision.

Fetcher[/* 13th Floor
https://stockfetcher.com/forums/Filter-Exchange/DEADLY-COMBO/62378
"These stocks are at least 8% ADR(30) AND have run at least 10 times in the last 100 days over 10% in a day." Based on TRO's Run Forest, Run filter */

market is not OTCBB
market is not ETF

set {dayup, close - open}
set {gain, dayup / open}
set {win, count(gain > .10, 100)}

set {daydn, open - close}
set {loss, daydn / open}
set {lose, count(loss > .10, 100)}
set {score, win / lose}

set {toolow, open - low}
set {damn, toolow / open}
set {ouch, count(damn > .10, 100)}

Show stocks where close is between 2 and 100
Average Volume(90) is > 250000
Average Volume(30) is > 500000
Average Day Range(30) is > 8
win is > 9

do not draw Average Day Range(30)
do not draw win
draw ma(21)
draw ma(50)
draw Center Linear Regression Line(28,1.0)

add column Average Day Range(5) {adr5}
add column separator
add column win {+10%}
add column days(gain > .10, 100) {days}
add column score
add column Average Day Range(30) {adr30}
add column separator
add column lose {-10%}
add column days(loss > .10, 100) {days}
add column ouch
add column days(damn > .10, 100) {days}
add column separator
add column industry
add column sector
sort column 7 descending
]

sandjco
648 posts
msg #152270
Ignore sandjco
5/21/2020 4:38:16 PM

thanks for sharing JV!

Mactheriverrat
3,132 posts
msg #152277
Ignore Mactheriverrat
5/21/2020 9:59:13 PM

The strange thing during this Covid market turmoil is that ADR(30) is way out of range meaning a lot more stocks will show up more than normal.

JoeyVinyl
125 posts
msg #152284
Ignore JoeyVinyl
5/22/2020 4:42:57 PM

Mac,

Volatility has definitely increased in a lot of different stocks lately, especially bio stocks in the medical sector. That's probably going to be with us for a while and needs to be taken into account when planning a trade.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Deadly Combo updated<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.