StockFetcher Forums · Announcements · PlotType Feature<< >>Post Follow-up
stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #112589
4/2/2013 10:53:58 AM

We have added basic support for controlling the plot-type (line, bar, etc) for your custom StockFetcher variables. Right now the number of chart types is limited; however, keep your eyes open for additional options with the HTML5 charts.

Usage:

PlotType{user-variable,[plottype]}

Valid Plot Types:

- line: basic line (default)
- zerobar: Histogram centered at zero
- dot: A small circle for the value

Examples:

Fetcher[
set{uband, Upper Bollinger Band(20)}
set{lband, Lower Bollinger Band(20)}
close is above 10
and draw uband on plot price
and draw lband on plot price
PlotType{uband,dot}
PlotType{lband,dot}
]

Fetcher[
set{myvar,CCI(10)}
close is above 10
draw myvar
PlotType{myvar,zerobar}
]

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #112892
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
modified
4/22/2013 6:33:27 AM

Thanks for this addition - one request:

Can you add to this the ability to have the histogram (or dot) change color based on the value? This is already implemented in the volume histogram, with bar color associated with positive or negative gain on price.

It would be nice to have the histogram go from blue to red if the value crossed below zero, for example.

Kevin

P.S. Does this change only work on custom variables? I tried this on the RSI(2) as a test and it did not change it to a different format.

dangreene
229 posts
msg #113884
Ignore dangreene
6/4/2013 8:44:40 AM

P to T

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #114425
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
7/12/2013 8:19:21 AM

4/22/2013 6:33:27 AM

Thanks for this addition - one request:

Can you add to this the ability to have the histogram (or dot) change color based on the value? This is already implemented in the volume histogram, with bar color associated with positive or negative gain on price.

It would be nice to have the histogram go from blue to red if the value crossed below zero, for example.

Kevin

P.S. Does this change only work on custom variables? I tried this on the RSI(2) as a test and it did not change it to a different format.

Any update on this request? Again - almost three months go by and no response.

stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #114426
7/12/2013 8:31:29 AM

We do not have any updates at this time concerning the "color change" option that you mention in your original message.

Concerning the "P.S." to your message, yes, as indicated in the announcment, this feature only applies to user-defined variables.

StockFetcher Support

alfredaita
4 posts
msg #114763
Ignore alfredaita
8/6/2013 7:10:11 AM

PlotType syntax reports as error in debugger even though results are as expecteted.

lis
31 posts
msg #155435
Ignore lis
1/25/2021 1:31:23 PM

It seems that PlotType won't work with a 'price line'. It's ignoring my desire to have a 'dot' line. Is this expected behavior? Or, am I missing something?

Here's my code:

Fetcher[
set{ channeltop, close 50 day high 1 day ago }
set{ channelbtm, close 50 day low 1 day ago }

and add column channeltop {close_hi50}
and draw price line at channeltop /* <------------------price line */
and PlotType{channeltop,dot} /* <----------------------and PlotType */
and do not draw channeltop

and add column channelbtm {close_lo50}
and draw price line at channelbtm /* <-----------------price line */
and PlotType{channelbtm,dot} /* <---------------------and PlotType */
and do not draw channelbtm
]

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #155441
Ignore Cheese
1/25/2021 8:11:44 PM

The code I use

Fetcher[

SYMLIST(SPY,QQQ)

set{ channeltop, close 50 day high 1 day ago }
set{ channelbtm, close 50 day low 1 day ago }

and add column channeltop {close_hi50}
and draw channeltop on plot price /* <------------------channeltop */
and PlotType{channeltop,dot} /* <----------------------and PlotType */
draw price line at channeltop /* <-----------------price line */

and add column channelbtm {close_lo50}
and PlotType{channelbtm,dot} /* <---------------------and PlotType */
and draw channelbtm on plot price /* <-----------------channelbtm */
draw price line at channelbtm /* <-----------------price line */
]

graftonian
1,089 posts
msg #155450
Ignore graftonian
1/26/2021 10:48:43 AM

PlotType always shows an error and sometimes hangs my scripts. Proceed with caution
Graf

lis
31 posts
msg #155453
Ignore lis
1/26/2021 2:38:24 PM

Interesting, @graftonian. I don't use PlotType often, so I went back to some of my scripts that have it and selected to debug: boom - there's the error.

I then checked debug on the Stockfetcher examples: yep, the error is there, too. Hmm...

StockFetcher Forums · Announcements · PlotType Feature<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.